From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Yuumi in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Moonstone Renewer is ideal for spamming your heals, increasing as battles go on.
Ardent Censer builds on this, increasing healing while granting an offensive buff to allies.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Yuumi skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Yuumi in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Yuumi is pretty much indestructible while attached to allies, but be mindful that she's super fragile if left alone.
- Level 1 - W - You and Me! is available right away, so take Q - Prowling Projectile so you can get started on poking the enemy right away.
- Level 2 - Take E - Zoomies, allowing you to heal yourself and your allies.
- First Back - aim for your boots, so you can benefit from the cooldown reduction early on.
Tips & Tricks
- If you use Prowling Projectile when attached to an ally, you can guide its trajectory with your mouse pointer.
- You and Me! has a cooldown if you detach from your ally and want to reattach to the same champion, but zero cooldown when switching to another ally. Use this to your advantage in teamfights.
- You can move during Final Chapter, and also cast You and Me! and Zoomies.
- Auto-attacking an enemy champion grants you a shield. If you immediately attach to an ally, they will be granted this shield too.
- Naturally, using Zoomies when attached heals the ally champion.
- Be mindful that you can be targeted and attacked as normal when travelling between allies for You and Me!
- Taking tower aggro then attaching to an ally will mean your ally can attack the tower safely, and because you're untargetable when attached the enemy team won't be granted kill gold if the tower kills you.
- Yuumi doesn't need Flash, spending most of her time attached to an ally. Typically you'll take Exhaust and Ignite, but if your ADC doesn't take Heal, make sure you have it.