From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Lucian in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Galeforce is an ideal tool for marksmen to escape a potentially devastating CC ability, or close the gap to an enemy.
Essence Reaver ramps up Lucian's crit chance, and provides valuable mana regen through the Spellblade passive.
Serylda's Grudge is great on Lucian, as he's a caster marksman, meaning the passive slow will activate often.
Other good items include Infinity Edge, The Collector, and Rapid Firecannon.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Lucian skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Lucian in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Lucian relies on his abilities to deal damage, rather than auto-attacks like many marksmen. Ultimately, Lucian benefits from aggressive gameplay.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Piercing Light, to poke and farm.
- Level 2 - Take E - Relentless Pursuit, for gap closing and poke.
- First Back - Getting boots will speed up your farm and poke potential.
Tips & Tricks
- Lucian's Lightslinger passive reduces the cooldown of Relentless Pursuit.
- Take advantage of his passive to intersperse abilities with auto-attacks for maximum damage, and always keep moving.
- Mark enemies with Ardent Blaze, then follow up with an auto-attack for the move speed passive. This can also be triggered by enemies.
- A good combo is to use Ardent Blaze, proc the passive, and then use The Culling, to keep enemies at bay.
- Piercing Light can be dodged, so try to anticipate the enemy's movements or draw out any dash abilities they may have.
- Piercing Light is also your main harass tool, so use it often.
- You can use Relentless Pursuit and Flash during The Culling. Use these to reposition or close gaps.