From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Renekton in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Goredrinker is a great choice that synergises well with Renekton's kit, particularly his Q and E.
Sterak's Gage is a key choice for bruisers and toplane tanks.
Other good items include Black Cleaver, Death's Dance, and Guardian Angel.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Renekton skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Renekton in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Renekton is notorious for starting very strongly, but dropping off in the lategame. Your job will be to harass the lane and push as quickly as possible.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Cull the Meek, for heal and trade potential.
- Level 2 - Take E - Slice and Dice, so that you have a gap closer and disengage tool as well as damage.
- First Back - Start building your Goredrinker. If you're struggling in lane, pick up your defensive boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Managing your Fury resource well is the key to being effective on Renekton. Use your boosted Ruthless Predator during an all-in, and a boosted Cull the Meek during trades. A boosted Slice and Dice will shred tanks.
- Don't hesitate to use Slice and Dice to escape an enemy gank.
- Remember to use your auto-attacks in-between abilities. The animation for Ruthless Predator can be cancelled, so you can chain two autos quickly.
- Ruthless Predator passes through shields like those of Morgana and Sivir, so you can still stun the enemy.