From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Jinx in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Galeforce is great on Jinx, offering more mobility to an already-mobile champion. The attack speed and crit chance also helps shred enemies.
Rapid Firecannon adds to her short range, helping keep her more safe in teamfights, and synergises well with Switcheroo!
Other good items include Infinity Edge, Lord Dominik's Regards, Phantom Dancer, and Runaan's Hurricane.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Jinx skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Jinx in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Jinx is best played at range, but is an ultra-aggressive marksman who has incredible wave clear as the game goes on. At close to full build, she'll shred through anyone.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Switcheroo! for the variety and waveclear potential.
- Level 2 - Take W - Zap! to press any advantage over the enemy ADC, denying farm and controlling lane.
- First Back - Pick up your boots for an early attack speed buff, or Noonquiver for attack speed and bonus damage.
Tips & Tricks
- Jinx can shred through a turret, and then escape relatively easily thanks to her passive move speed buff.
- If you see an enemy unit is about to die, get ready to retreat using your passive. Jinx is all about going in, killing, and getting out.
- Zap! can reveal enemies hidden in a bush, so don't be afraid to use it frequently.
- Flame Chompers! are an excellent zoning tool, and can be used to prevent enemies escaping.
- The extra shots from Runaan's Hurricane also benefit from AoE damage when using Jinx's rocket launcher.
- Be aware of the short delay when you switch from minigun to rocket launcher and vice versa.
- You cannot switch weapons when Jinx is stunned or charmed.