From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Lissandra in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Everfrost is great on Lissandra, synergising well with her abilities and granting an extra CC tool.
Zhomya's Hourglass is a must for survivability in the midlane, especially against ganks.
Other good items include Morellonomicon, Shadowflame, Void Staff, and Rabadon's Deathcap.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Lissandra skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Lisandra in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Lissandra is quite slow to get going in lane, but once she has her item spikes she is pretty formidable. Just be mindful of her lower mobility, and try to land her combos effectively.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Ice Shard, to poke enemies and slow them.
- Level 2 - Take W - Ring of Frost, for the stun.
- First Back - Start building towards your Everfrost.
Tips & Tricks
- Ice Burst explodes and deals area damage when it hits an enemy champion or minion.
- Frozen Tomb is essentially another Zhonya's when used on yourself, while dealing area damage. It protects against spells like Syndra's or Veigar's ultimates.
- You can pass through most walls with Glacial Path, making it an excellent escape tool.
- You can use the trickery of Glacial Path to misdirect enemies into thinking you're heading one way, before going another.