From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Nidalee in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Night Harvester is a great item on Nidalee, especially with the extra on-hit damage to enemy champions. Along with a sizeable amount of AP, loads of health, and ability haste, it's essential.
Zhonya's Hourglass allows for AP champions to survive when trading or going all-in.
Other good items include Void Staff, Shadowflame, and Morellonomicon.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Nidalee skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Nidalee in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Nidalee's strength lies in her mobility, and ability to burst down opponents from the early game. You'll want to play aggressively and seek ganks at any opportunity, as well as seeking to invade the enemy jungle and deny farm.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Javelin Toss / Takedown, for the extra range and damage. Use it on approach to a jungle camp to get started more quickly.
- Level 2 - Take W - Bushwhack / Pounce, for the gap closer and traps.
- First Back - Start building towards your Night Harvester, or pick up your boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Pounce can take you through most walls, with the right positioning. Practice this in training mode to see where you can and cannot pass.
- Use Bushwhack in bushes, as it will grant vision. This will prevent you being seen or taken down before a gank.
- Takedown resets Nidalee's auto-attack, so throw one out in-between Takedown casts for optimal damage.
- You can return to human form using Aspect of the Cougar immediately after using Pounce, transforming into a human as soon as the jump lands.