From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Soraka in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Moonstone Renewer is a great item for champions with heals, offering faster cooldowns and increased strength on low-health items.
Redemption increase this heal and shield power even further, as well as offering a great emergency AoE heal.
Other good items include Chemtech Putrifier, Mikael's Blessing, Staff of Flowing Water, and even Warmog's Armor.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Soraka skill priority is:
R > W > Q > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Soraka in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Although Soraka's kit is focused on healing and supporting your allies, she also has great poke and zoning potential. Be mindful not to spam her abilities though, as her heal costs health. This is why Warmog's Armor is a solid item later in the game.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Starcall, to zone enemies and an on-hit heal and move speed buff.
- Level 2 - Take E - Equinox, so you can harass the enemy team further thanks to the silence and root.
- First Back - Start towards your Moonstone Renewer.
Tips & Tricks
- Soraka can be highly aggressive, with an Equinox-Starcall combo dealing a lot of damage.
- Be careful not to waste your ultimate - an ally that's going to die anyway is not worth burning the ult for. Keep it for more decisive moments.
- Your passive increases your move speed towards low-health allies.
- Take the time to heal up allies with Astral Infusion if you're just about to recall to base.
- Redemption's active can be used even after death.