From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Taric in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Locket of the Iron Solari is a core item for any botlane tank support, and Taric is no different. Its use in a teamfight could turn the tide of battle.
Winter's Approach is a great item for offering sustain, thanks to the bonus health granted. Once it becomes Fimbulwinter it's even stronger.
Other good items include Zeke's Convergence, Knight's Vow, and Redemption.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Taric skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Taric in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Taric is an excellent tank who can also protect allies, but takes some time to get going in lane. Play safe, aim to poke the enemy, and stick close to your ADC.
- Level 1 - Take E - Dazzle, to zone and poke the enemy laners.
- Level 2 - Take W - Bastion, to link to your ADC and protect them from poke and dives.
- First Back - Start building towards your Locket.
Tips & Tricks
- Be mindful that Starlight's Touch triggers 2.5 seconds after activation, and not immediately.
- Remember to reapply Bastion to bind to your ally, so that they are shielded.
- Wait for allies to land their own CC spells before using Dazzle, chaining the effects.
- In teamfights, keep auto-attacking enemies so that you stack your Starlight's Touch more quickly.