From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Morgana in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Liandry's Anguish is a great item for Morgana, offering high damage over time and plenty of mana and ability haste.
Zhonya's Hourglass is core for almost any AP user, especially one as immobile as Morgana with a channel ult.
Other good items include Morellonomicon and Chemtech Putrifier.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Morgana skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Morgana in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Morgana is quite an aggressive support, looking to poke and zone the enemy. Her shield and stun are excellent tools for both supporting the ADC and instigating trades, and if landed, her ult can turn the tide of any teamfight.
- Level 1 - Take W - Tormented Shadow, so you can begin poking the enemy and proccing Spellthief's Edge passive.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Dark Binding, for the stun.
- First Back - Start working towards Zhonya's Hourglass first, as this is your core survival tool when you hit level 6.
Tips & Tricks
- Getting to level 2 before your counterpart is very important. Push the lane immediately for this to happen.
- Try to pay attention to when Flash is on cooldown for your enemies, so they can't escape your Dark Binding.
- Using Zhonya's during the channeling of your ult is key to surviving and keeping the uptime maximised.
- If you can, use Dark Binding after you've used Soul Shackles, for maximum CC.
- Following on from this, when your ultimate stuns enemies, wait a second before launching Dark Binding - if you hit an enemy who is still stunned, the effect will be lost.