From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Tristana in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Kraken Slayer is great on champions like Tristana, helping her shred through tanky champions.
Phantom Dancer improves mobility, and adds damage in extended trades.
Other good items include Infinity Edge, Lord Dominik's Regards, Stormrazor, and Rapid Firecannon.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Tristana skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Tristana in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Tristana is excellent at pushing lanes and destroying turrets, although she has a slow early game. Using the reset of her Rocket Jump is key to doing tons more damage and closing gaps. In short, play aggressively once you have your first couple of items.
- Level 1 - Take E - Explosive Charge, for sizeable poke potential and passive area damage.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Rapid Fire, for more speedy waveclear.
- First Back - Pick up your boots, so you have more attack speed.
Tips & Tricks
- Explosive Charge can be used on turrets to destroy them more quickly. When on a turret, the skill's explosion radius is larger, and it will poke enemy champions at the same time.
- When under your own turret, you can lure an enemy into a false sense of safety and then strike - dive behind them with Rocket Jump, then ult them into your turret's range.
- Your passive greatly increases your range - from Level 13 you can reach Baron or Dragon over the wall from the other side of their respective pits.
- Rocket Jump's cooldown is reset with each takedown, or when you jump on an opponent with a max-stack Explosive Charge.