From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Vayne in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Everfrost is a good item on Twisted Fate, offering an extra form of crowd control alongside typical mage stats.
Rapid Firecannon offers greater range, something Twisted Fate can use well.
Other good items include Zhonya's Hourglass, Lich Bane, and Mejai's Soulstealer.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Twisted Fate skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Twisted Fate in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Twisted Fate needs to be played extremely carefully in the early game, as he's easily locked down and beaten. Focus on farming and controlling the lane. Be ready with a Gold Card for when your jungler is ganking, and be aware of the different options you have with your Pick a Card at all times.
- Level 1 - Take E - Stacked Deck, for the additional damage and faster clear.
- Level 2 - Take W - Pick a Card, to unlock the stun, mana restore, and slow.
- First Back - Work towards your Everfrost with a Lost Chapter, for mana sustain.
Tips & Tricks
- Stacked Deck grants you bonus attack speed, so use this to intersperse abilities with auto-attacks to maximise your DPS - especially when you have Lich Blade.
- Use Stacked Deck, Pick a Card, and the Lich Bane together to apply maximum damage to your opponent in one attack.
- Destiny can be a good escape tool, especially if your enemy has no CC available.
- You can extend the range of Destiny by putting your cursor on a wall, halfway. Because he cannot reappear in a wall, he'll be shoved to the other side of it.
- When the enemy creep wave is online, throw a Red Card on the second minion followed by Wild Cards - this should kill the entire wave instantly when the spell is at max ranks and you have a decent amount of AP.