From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Darius in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Trinity Force is a great item for a bruiser like Darius, offering move speed, damage, health, and ability haste.
Sterak's Gage offers survivability in lane, particular from burst damage during a gank.
Other good items include Dead Man's Plate and Force of Nature.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Darius skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Darius in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Darius has a great early game, thanks to high damage and health regen, and can quickly dominate the toplane if played right. He's best against melee champions, and in teamfights can hit several champions.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Decimate, for the area damage, health restore, and bleed effect.
- Level 2 - Take W - Crippling Strike, for the trade potential.
- First Back - Start working towards your Trinity, or pick up defensive boots if you're taking too much damage.
Tips & Tricks
- Decimate restores Darius' health based on the number of enemies hit by the blade, so try to position yourself for maximum heal.
- Crippling Strike acts as an auto-attack reset.
- Apprehend can pull enemies through walls if they are within range.
- Noxian Guillotine will deal maximum damage if you have five stacks on the passive, so try to time it right.
- If Noxian Guillotine doesn't directly kill a target, you'll still get the cooldown refresh if that enemy dies in a very short window afterwards.