From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Zyra in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Liandry's Anguish is a great item on Zyra, offering plenty of damage and an on-hit burn. Zhonya's Hourglass pairs well, for an essential survivability tool.
Other good items include Morellonomicon, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Demonic Embrace, and Void Staff.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Zyra skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Zyra in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Zyra is a great support at locking down opponents or zoning them, thanks to a variety of offensive spells. Don't sleep on her damage, either - she can more than hold her own.
- Level 1 - Take E - Grasping Roots, for the stun.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Deadly Spines, for more zoning potential.
- First Back - Start working towards Liandry's Anguish.
Tips & Tricks
- Cast your spell just before laying your seeds, as this will reduce the time your enemy has to react.
- Your ultimate deals instant damage, but it takes two seconds to knock up enemies. Plan ahead so that they don't escape.
- Launching your ultimate at your plants enrages them, for loads of damage.
- If an enemy steps on one of your seeds, it will be revealed for two seconds.
- Use your plants to block enemy spells, such as a Nidalee spear.