From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Akshan in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Immortal Shieldbow helps marksmen survive burst damage, and adds valuable lifesteal.
Wit's End is great item against toplane AP users, adding attack speed and resist.
Other good items include Serylda's Grudge, Rapid Firecannon, Guinsoo's Rageblade, and Stormrazor.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Akshan skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Akshan in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Akshan operates in a similar way to Lucian. Your job is to harass your opponent with auto-attacks and your Avengerang, poking them down. Once you hit level 6, you can start to trade more and try to burst down the enemy laner.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Avengerang, so you can begin to poke your opponent.
- Level 2 - Take E - Heroic Swing, which gives you a gap closer or escape tool, allowing for trades.
- First Back - Work towards your Shieldbow, or pick up boots for the extra attack speed and mobility.
Tips & Tricks
- Your passive, Low Blow, triggers a bonus attack after your first auto. However, you can cancel this extra attack like any auto, and instead you'll be granted move speed. This can work as a surprise gap-closer.
- Going Rogue does not cancel itself as long as you stay close to a wall or in a bush. It's a great tool for moving up to other lanes quickly, for a surprise gank.
- Champion takedowns reset the cooldown of Heroic Swing. Use it to enter a teamfight if an enemy is low for maximum effect.
- Comeuppance can hit minions and turrets, while your Heroic Swing can be used during your ult's animation. This will allow you to change the trajectory of your shots.