From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Wukong in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
The Divine Sunderer / Black Cleaver combo is great on AD bruisers like Wukong, offering tons of damage and sustain.
Other good items include Sterak's Gage, Death's Dance, Titanic Hydra, and Guardian Angel.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Wukong skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Wukong in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Wukong is a bruiser with great burst potential, as well as being able to deal damage over time to harm your opponents. You'll need to play safer in the early game, given he's quite fragile until all his abilities come online and he has an item or two behind him. Try to flank opponents, so that Cyclone can do real damage.
- Level 1 - Take E - Nimbus Strike, so you can deal extra damage from the start.
- Level 2 - Take W - Warrior Trickster, for the gap closer.
- First Back - Start working towards Divine Sunderer, or pick up boots if you need the defensive stats.
Tips & Tricks
- Crushing Blow is an auto-attack reset, that rends the enemy's armor and increases your range. It can even strike targets through certain walls.
- Warrior Trickster is a dash, but cannot be used to pass through walls.
- The clone created by Warrior Trickster imitates spells you cast - Crushing Blow will boost its next auto, Nimbus Strike increases the clone's attack speed, and the clone will also knock-up enemies with Cyclone.
- Cyclone can be interrupted by casting another spell - this is ideal if you need to finish off an enemy with Crushing Blow.
- You can use Cyclone a second time within a short time from initial cast.