From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Pantheon in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Eclipse and Umbral Glaive are a core pairing when you're playing Pantheon in the botlane, where you'll operate kind of like Pyke - dealing damage and trying to assassinate the squishy carry.
Other good items for this are Edge of Night, Guardian Angel, and Black Cleaver.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Pantheon skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Pantheon in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Pantheon support plays somewhat similarly to Pyke, in that you'll want to constantly harass, zone, and try to assasinate the enemy ADC so that your marksman has priority in lane. Don't be rash, play smartly, and pick your moment to strike. Thanks to Pantheon's gap-closing and defensive skills, you're ideally placed to turn the tide of the laning phase. You'll also be great at roaming up the river to help your midlaner win lane.
- Level 1 - Take W - Shield Vault, for the leap and stun.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Comet Spear, for the poke potential.
- First Back - Pick up Mobility Boots, so you can get around more quickly.
Tips & Tricks
- If you cancel the channeling of Grand Starfall, the cooldown is reduced to 30 seconds.
- Pantheon's passive doesn't block attacks from minions or dragons.
- When preparing to dive with your ult, make sure your passive is up. Use Shield Vault immediately afterwards for best effect.