From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Poppy in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Divine Sunderer is a great item for Poppy's jungle build, and synergises well with a Dead Man's Plate for mobility.
Other good items include Winter's Approach, particularly when it morphs into Fimbulwinter, and Thornmail.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Poppy skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Poppy in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
You don't immediately think of Poppy as a jungler, but she can be surprisingly effective. Her kit is ideal for storming into lane with the speed boost from Dead Man's Plate, and slamming the laner into a wall - before tanking teamfights like a boss. Spend the early game farming up, and seize any opportunities if laners overextend.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Hammer Shock, to help clear jungle more quickly.
- Level 2 - Take E - Heroic Charge, for gap-closing and stun potential.
- First Back - Work towards your Divine Sunderer.
Tips & Tricks
- Use Poppy's Iron Ambassador to launch an auto attack from range, and pick it up afterwards for a shield.
- An Iron Ambassador auto-attack takes advantage of the Iceborne Gauntlet passive.
- Use Heroic Charge on a minion to close a gap, if the enemy champion is too far away. You can use this to escape too.
- Keeper's Verdict launches enemies further the longer it is charged, and always in the direction of their base.
- Keeper's Verdict is also very useful in keeping the enemy away from neutral objectives such as Baron Nashor.
- Steadfast Presence does not cancel teleports or shifts, such as that of Ezreal or Flash.
- You can cancel your ultimate by allowing it to fill completely, not releasing the R key.