The reproduction of Pokémon is a subject that comes up with each generation and 9G is obviously not excluded from it. The only difference this time is that you won't need to use the Pension but rather the Picnic system newly added to Pokémon Scarlet and Purple! Here's everything you need to know about eggs and how to get them in this simplified guide for beginners.
Reproduction, what is it for?
Three main uses are to be considered when talking about Breeding in Pokémon games:
- Complete your Dex : Perhaps your Pokédex is not complete because you are missing certain species or perhaps simply stages of evolution lower than those you have? If so, reproduction may be a way to help you fulfill it.
- Find shiny : the Masuda Method is a shiny hunting technique by hatching eggs until you get the shiny Pokémon,
- In truth, it is also possible to transfer IVs, a nature, abilities or even the hidden talent inherited from one of the parents. Abilities are also available only through reproduction. To do this, objects such as the Destiny Node (IV transfer), the Stasis Stone (nature transfer) or Power objects (precise IV transfer) are used.
How does it work on Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?
It's stupidly to mate a male and a female Pokémon in order to obtain an egg. Once the egg is in the pocket, you have to take steps to hatch it. Some Sandwich increases the speed of obtaining eggs. Until then, it's pretty basic but how to get the famous eggs?
- Choose the Pokémon from which you would like to obtain an egg (Poussacha for example or its evolution),
- Put in your team only this Poussacha and a Ditto,
- Click the X to open the menu and choose the " Picnic " option,
- Making sure that only Poussacha and Ditto have taken out their Pokéballs (remember to put away Miraidon or Koraidon), pamper them to pass the time. You can make a sandwich with an Aura Egg if you want while waiting, it will allow you to wait less.
- After a few minutes, you will be able to interact with the basket next to the Picnic table: one or more eggs are inside!
- Collect them from your Team and your PC Box (as many as you want),
- Leave the picnic and start taking steps (walking, sprinting) to hatch the eggs.
- Go capture a Ditto: it is compatible with all Pokémon since it can metamorphose.
- A foreign Ditto is also highly recommended to further optimize your chances of running into a Shiny,
- Be careful, the steps are not counted if you are in the water or in the sky. Stay on dry land to hatch the eggs.
Available since November 18 exclusively on Switch consoles, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet has received a very mixed reception from players because of the graphics it offers. Good news for the most reluctant, there is a mod that transforms the game!