A new hero and two new minions in Battlegrounds, and the announcement of the expansion launch quests — Patch 18.0 is preparing the field for the next expansion!
Free Class Legendary & Launch Quests
Starting August 6, players will receive a random Scholomance Academy Legendary class card just for logging in, and can complete a chain of Legendary Quests to earn a total of six Scholomance Academy card packs!** Quests will be initially available on the following dates:
- August 6, 10:00 AM PT: Play 25 Cards in Play mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
- August 7, 10:00 AM PT: Play 20 Spells in any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs
- August 8, 10:00 AM PT: Win 3 games any mode to earn 2 Scholomance Academy card packs.
New Hero: Mr. Bigglesworth
- Kel’Thuzad’s Kitty [Passive] — When a player dies, Discover a minion from their warband. It keeps any enchantments.
New Minions: Menagerie Mug and Menagerie Jug
- Tier 2 — Menagerie Mug
2 Attack, 2 Health
Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +1/+1.
- Tier 4 — Menagerie Jug
3 Attack, 3 Health
Battlecry: Give 3 random friendly minions of different minion types +2/+2.
- Zoobot has been removed from Battlegrounds
- Menagerie Magician has been removed from Battlegrounds.
Game Improvements & Miscellaneous Updates
- Class specific weapon frames have been added to every weapon in Hearthstone.
Scholomance Academy cards will be added to Arena when the expansion unlocks on August 6.
- Free decks for new and returning players have been updated (recipes can be found here).*
- Returning players no longer need to complete the returning player experience to claim their free deck.
- Poisonous damage now has a special poison damage indicator and effect.
- Pressing the Hide button on mobile when making a card choice in game will now also hide the banner that describes the choice, no longer obscuring vision of the opponent’s armor total.
- Spells created by Evocation will now disappear at the same time at the end of the turn instead of one by one.
- Target indicators will now more accurately represent an opponent’s target selection when aiming a Battlecry or targeted spell.
- Removed a delay from the damage effect for Mad Bomber and Demolisher.
- Reduced the delay between casting Plot Twist and its shuffling animation.
- Fixed a bug where Galakrond the Tempest was showing the upgrade animation over the deck upon the fourth Invoke.
- Fixed a bug where heroes would not slot back into their portraits correctly after attacking.
- Fixed visual display issues with Deathwing’s Battlegrounds hero power.
- Battlegrounds summon speed improvements for Pack Leader and Mama Bear have been re-introduced.
Check out the 135 new cards that will be soon added in the new Hearthstone expansion, Scholomance Academy!
Original content by "Durvil".