- As a first item, choose Doran's Ring in order to benefit from mana regeneration during the lane phase.
- If you want to get your Tear of the Goddess as early in the game as possible, you can start with a Sapphire Crystal and a Refillable Potion. In this case, it's better to play with Teleportation rather than Ignite. You will have very little potential to kill your opponent in the first few levels, but your scaling will be faster if you only play Farm.
Cassiopeia has the characteristic not to buy boots with her Passive - Serpentine Grace. This allows her to have an extra item slot. If you think you need mobility at the beginning of the game, prefer to play with the Phase Rush rune at the expense of the Conqueror one.
- The object you should focus on is the Seraph's Embrace which brings you a good amount of power and mana points, very useful for Cassiopeia.
- Morellonomicon offers you very good offensive stats in addition to its passive, which will allow you to reduce the healing of your targets to prevent them from surviving your damage.
- Choose Rylai's Crystal Scepter to slow down enemies in order to keep them within range and inflict maximum damage.
- Rabadon's Deathcap is the most powerful item in the game. It is therefore a very popular object for Cassiopeia.
- If you often find yourself targeted by your enemies, choose Zhonya's Hourglass to make it easier for you to survive.
- Void Staff is worth buying if your opponents have a lot of magical resistances.
How to play Cassiopeia ?
At the beginning of the game, be very careful with the management of your mana. If you intend to play in an aggressive way (in particular if you play with Ignite), wait for an opportunity to inflict a maximum of damage after having touched Q - Nuisance Blast., then try to go to kill your opponent or oblige him to back if your lane is well pushed (if not, he will have only to teleport and you will be late). If you intend to play in a more passive way (with Sapphire Crystal and Teleportation), try to focus on your farm to quickly get your items. Push the lane only if you count back or if your jungler has the possibility to help you: you must not miss your beginning of game.
- Level 1: Start with Q - Noxious Blast to be able to poke your opponent from a long distance, or with E - Twin Fangs to farm easily.
- Level 2: If you picked your E, then choose your Q — or the contrary. Use E - Twin Fangs on your opponent when he is poisoned by Q - Noxious Blast to inflict maximum damage.
- Level 3: At level 3 put a second point in E - Twin Fangs to increase your offensive power. W - Miasma being very expensive at the beginning of the game, you will really use them only after you have completed your Tear of the Goddess.
- Level 6: R - Petrifying Gaze is a big pressure for your enemy. Use this spell when your enemy loses attention or is misplaced. If you turn him into stone, put W - Miasma under his feet to prevent him from fleeing.
When in teamfight
You have to position yourself as an ADC, and stay on the periphery of the fight. Although R - Petrifying Gaze is an excellent initiation tool if you have your flash jump available, the spell has a short range, making it easier to use as a defensive tool. Good management of your ultimate put in parallel with a good W - Miasma placement makes Cassiopeia very difficult to reach.
Tips & Tricks
- Try using E - Twin Fangs only on poisoned targets to deal maximum damage.
- W - Miasma blocks the movement spells of enemy champions in addition to slowing them down. Use it to prevent them from fleeing or catching you.
- Use the movement speed bonus given by Q - Noxious Blast to help you approach your target or flee when you want.
- Use Flash during the incantation of R - Petrifying Gaze to surprise your enemies to stun them more easily.