With the launch of Fortnite Season 7, Battle Pass purchasers received access to Kymera, a customisable skin.
With Kymera not being human, players can change the look of their alien to suit their own aesthetic; from eye colour and head shape through to armour colour. But to do this, players will need Alien Artifacts.
Alien Artifacts are a new type of 'currency' which players can collect in-game, similar to Bars, and these can be spent on new items to customise Kymera with. Alien Artifacts can be found in Cosmic Chests, however these are more difficult to do due to needing a group of allies to help unlock them. They can, however, be found around the map and it seems that new batches will arrive each week at new locations.
Above are this week's locations. There appear to be five in total, and each are clusters of four; meaning a total of twenty Alien Artifacts this week.
- Alien Artifact on the left side of the Orchard south of Craggy Cliffs.
- Alien Artifact as a reward for going directly to the middle crater of the Aftermath where the Spire used to be.
- Alien Artifact near the centerpoint of the juxtapoisition of Holly Hedges, Weeping Woods and Slurpy Sawmp.
- Alien Artifact on the north west part of Catty Corner.
- Alien Artifact near the beach and the river to the north east of Believer Beach.
It is reported that Alien Artifacts are not guaranteed to spawn at these locations, so players may have to go to another location if they can't find one, or wait until the next game and try again.
The information comes from HYPEX, who also states that the Weekly Artifacts will give a total of 200 Alien Artifacts over the course of the season (20 per week), and Cosmic Chests will give a total of 160.
Players will need 360 to unlock every customisation for Kymera. Assuming these 'weeks' line up with the Weekly Challenges, players will only have a couple of days from now to get this week's Alien Artifacts before they reset and likely move for Week 2.