God of War Ragnarök will introduce you to small game hunting, with great blows of legendary ax throws. The main collectibles hunt in the game is to kill Odin's 48 spy crows. You can find all the detailed information about them in our general guide dedicated to crows, with the other kingdoms, the rewards, etc.
As with previous realms, don't expect to be able to kill all the crows on your first visit. Some sections will be barricaded for a while, and we will have to wait until we have progressed further in the story to explore them. Additionally, Vanaheim features a huge side area full of crows, but it won't be open to you until near the very end of the game.
- In flight, above water, to the left, after entering the realm.
- Placed on a branch in front of the kind of ruined blue runic structure, after exiting the camp through the wooden door.
- The game plays a bad joke on you, the crow is on the other side of a tree, perched on the head of a statue. But you can't reach it the first time you pass through the area . We will have to wait to come back much later, as part of the story. If you are very patient, a portal is added to the area, after completing the main story.
- On the other side of the river, look under the stone arch.
- Perched on a root at ceiling level, close to one of the beaches.
- On a branch above the water. You have to land on a nearby beach, then reach the runic plate in height in order to have a shooting angle.
- In flight in front of the falls, after opening the area with the runic words.
East Barri Wood
You know the topo now. This area is only accessible when the story takes you back to Vanaheim, much later.
- It is perched high above the cliffs that line the path.
The area is only available towards the end of the game, after rescuing Freyr, and obtaining the flying longship . You have to complete the quest to track the dog in the woods . This will take you to a new optional area full of crows and activity.
- The first crow is hidden below for once, you have to look in one of the ravines to the north of the area, being on the right side. As much to warn you, the other crows in the area will play the same joke on you, this is called keeping a low profile.
- The second crow is also below, to the north of the area, to the right of the path that leads to Brok's forge and the moon altar. You have to position yourself a little before the corner to see it.
- The third raven is also in the North, it is hidden in one of the cracks above which you jump to reach the forge and the altar. But it is only visible by turning around and looking down.
- The fourth raven is a loner, perched high up to the left of the frozen lightning bolt.
- The fifth crow can be plucked from the edges of the path, to the east of the area. It's perched high on the cliff, or at the water's edge, if you've opened the dam.
The crow is simply perched on top of a chest, in the ogre area. You will have to open the dam to reach it.
- You have to open the dam, then reach the central area, and open the gate to access this section of the river protected by a dragon. The crow is in the distance, nestled along the cliff. Put a spear in the feathers.
How to find and kill crows?
You should be able to find the majority of crows without assistance for several reasons. Indeed, each kingdom lists the total number of crows it contains, and each region individually lists its number of crows. This means that by displaying the map, you can easily see how many crows are in the area. You are therefore not going to search for nothing, in an already emptied region.
- Crows being neon green, they are often easily spotted. It will nevertheless be necessary to show skill and a little timing to kill those who steal. If you don't have the patience to aim at the flying crows, the spear , obtained later in the game, will allow you to snipe them easily.
- However, many crows are hidden behind obstacles or ledges, making it difficult to see them unless you look in the right place from the right angle. But a clue will help you: the characteristic noise of crows. They all emit plaintive croaks, which you can hear in the area. Then all you have to do is look everywhere. If despite your efforts you cannot find the crow, move forward a little in the area, it will then often be visible from another position.
- Finally, some crows can't be killed immediately, that's normal. You will have to go back to the area later, when the story has advanced in order to open the passage, or with new, more suitable tools, such as the spear .
Each of Ragnarok's main realms includes several hidden treasures that Kratos and Atreus are eager to discover. Discover the list of treasures in the kingdom of the dwarves, as well as their position, in this guide, with a screenshot of the place, and a map.