Sigma — Overwatch's 31st hero — has just arrived in-game. He is now available on the live servers.
Sigma has several weapons and experimental devices to keep his allies alive and suppress threats in hostile territory. As a Military First Responder, he is capable of saving lives as well as destroying others. Be on the right side!
Heroes regularly undergo nerfs and buffs, especially on the PTR, so this table will be updated as they go along.
Sigma launches two gravitic charges, which bounce off walls and implode after a short duration, damaging enemies within a sizable radius.
- Damage: 2 charges per shot. 60 damage + 10.5 - 35 splash damage
- Max. range: 20 meters
- Area of effect: 3 meter explosion radius
- Rate of fire: 2 charges per 1.5 seconds, with 0.15 seconds between charges
- Ammo: infinite
Sigma propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can dismiss the barrier at any time.
- Shield: 1,500 HP. Regenerates 175 HP per second
- Casting time: 0.2 seconds
- Area of effect: 4.5 meter height + 5 meter width at the poles
- Duration: until destroyed or cancelled
- Cooldown: 5 seconds after being destroyed
Sigma freezes incoming projectiles in midair, converting them into shields
- Health: 1/3 of damage absorbed is converted to temporary shields (max. 400)
- Duration: 2 seconds
- Cooldown: 15 seconds
Sigma gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down
- Damage: 80
- Max. range: 4 meters knockback and 2 meters self knockback
- Area of effect: 2.5 meter explosion radius
- Casting time: 0.75 seconds
- Duration: 0.5 - 3 seconds knock down
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
Unleashing his full powers, Sigma takes flight, lifts enemies in a targeted area, and launches them into the sky before slamming them back down.
- Damage: 50 + 50% of max HP from Slam
- Max. range: 10 meters lift
- Area of effect: 7 meter radius
- Casting time: 1.3 seconds
- Duration: 5 seconds targeting, 2 seconds suspension
- Real Name: Siebren de Kuiper
- Age: 62
- Occupation: Astrophysicist
- Base: The Hague, Netherlands (formerly)
- Affiliation: Talon
Brilliant astrophysicist Dr. Siebren de Kuiper's life changed forever when an experiment gone wrong gave him the ability to control gravity; now, Talon manipulates him to their own ends.
De Kuiper was considered a pioneer in his field. His life's work involved devising a way to harness the power of gravity. Equally known for his groundbreaking research and eccentric personality, he conducted most of his studies from his lab in The Hague. Believing that he was close to achieving his goal, he performed his most important experiment on an international space station.
But something went wrong, triggering the brief formation of a black hole. De Kuiper was only exposed to its power for a moment, but he suffered serious psychological damage. The area around him began to experience strange fluctuations in gravity, peaking and dropping in time with his reactions. He had to be evacuated immediately.
Upon returning to Earth, De Kuiper was quarantined in a secret government facility. Between his ravings about the patterns of the universe, the psychic damage he sustained, and the gravitic anomalies happening around him, he was deemed unsafe and detained for years under the name "Subject Sigma." Isolated and unable to control his powers, De Kuiper retreated into his own mind. He thought he would never see the outside world again.
When Talon discovered De Kuiper's existence, they infiltrated the facility and broke him out, planning to use his brilliance and research to further their plans. In their custody, De Kuiper slowly gained control of his powers. Now, gravity moved according to his will, and he was closer than ever to achieving his life's goal. But the same experiment that had opened his mind had also fractured it, and he struggled to keep the pieces together.
De Kuiper continues to develop his powers in hopes of unlocking the secrets of the universe, unaware that Talon is using both him and his research.
A screenshot of the new update had already revealed the identity of the new hero in Overwatch, but with the release of a short video we were able to learn a little more about this new character. His name should be Sigma, and he will be the much-anticipated 31st hero.