Starting the game with Corrupting Potion allows you to easily push the first waves of minions. At first back, you can buy a Dark Seal to improve the effectiveness of your potion.
- Boots of Swiftness are essential for Aurelion Sol because the boost to move speed greatly facilitates the placement of his Passive - Center of the Universe, which is his main source of damage.
- If there is a lot of AP or crowd control on the enemy team, Mercury's Treads can be preferred.
- Hextech GLP-800 offers Aurelion Sol a surplus of mana and health which is essential to surviving in the lane, in addition to giving an active ability that slows down opponents within the targeted area.
- Liandry's Torment allows the Star Forger to destroy most tanky opponents, inflicting damage according to their health.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter is essential for permanently slowing your opponents with your abilities, ensuring that you deal as much damage as possible. In addition, it offers a good bonus to your health.
- Zhonya's Hourglass can counter heavy burst or simply mitigate physical damage, while Banshee's Veil can counter engagement spells and magic damage.
- Taking Rabadon's Deathcap in the late game prevents Aurelion Sol from running out of steam in terms of inflicting damage.
- Void Staff ignores much of any magic resistance the enemy team may be accumulating.
How to Play Aurelion Sol
Aurelion Sol is a champion focused on map control and lane pressure.
The range of his spells means you will be relatively safe in your first few levels, making him a very good pick.
- Level 1: use your W - Celestial Expansion to push your lane as quickly as possible in order to get to Level 2.
- Level 2: Taking E- Comet of Legend allows you to force your opponent back under his turret and help your allies by roaming where you please.
- Level 3: The strategy will be the same as at Level 2 — except now you have your Q - Starsurge, which offers a zonal stun which is rather practical for botlane ganks.
- First back: Make sure you have more than 1250 gold before you return to base, in order to buy Catalyst of Aeons and maybe even Boots of Switftness and a Control Ward.
Tips & Tricks
- If you launch your Q - Starsurge then E - Comet of Legend, the star will follow you. The combo is then easy to land on your opponent's position.
- Your R - Voice of Light will be a complex spell to land. Feel free to use it as an initiation to slow the enemy, or during a team fight if one of the carries is immobilized.
- After you Recall and purchase items, you can quickly return to your lane thanks to E - Comet of Legend, losing as little farm and experience as possible!