Azir doesn't have a very strong start to the game, so choose Corrupting Potion for the necessary health and mana to help him hold lane.
Sorcerer's Shoes are a good choice to increase the damage you inflict, thanks to the magic penetration they bring.
- Nashor's Tooth will be Azir's main item. The attack speed and AP this item gives makes it perfectly suited to this champion.
- With Morellonomicon, you further increase your magic penetration in order to inflict heavy damage on fragile targets. In addition, its passive allows you to reduce the amount of healing done by your enemies.
- Rabadon's Deathcap is the item that brings you the most brute force, thanks to the enormous amount of AP it grants.
- Choose Void Staff if enemies start to buy items with magic resistance.
- If your opponents have a lot of magic damage, take Banshee's Veil. Its passive is also useful, for example, to protect you from long-range crowd control.
- If you are targeted during team fights, Zhonya's Hourglass will help you survive longer.
How to Play Azir
Azir's strength lies in his ability to destroy waves of minions at the beginning of the game, and his ability to poke from a very long distance. Abuse it to put pressure on your lane.
- Level 1: Use W - Arise! to destroy the minion waves at Level 1, while trying to poke your opponent if he gets too close to them.
- Level 2: With Q - Conquering Sands you can start harassing your enemy heavily. Take control of the lane with your sand soldiers.
- Level 3: If you fear a gank from the enemy jungler, take E - Shifting Sands so you can escape if you need to. Otherwise, choose another point in Q - Conquering Sands to increase your damage.
Tips & Tricks
- Your sand soldiers give you vision.
- You can activate E - Shifting Sands as your soldiers move with Q - Conquering Sands. Use this mechanism to surprise your opponents and move further.
- E - Shifting Sands allows you to cross walls. Coupled with the above trick, you can even cross several walls at once.
- R - Emperor's Divide can be used both defensively and offensively. If you succeed in getting behind one or more enemies, the wall can send them flying backwards into or away from your team.