After a fourth week of qualification proving domination of Mongraal, Mitro and Benjyfishy, the fifth week of the Fortnite Champion Series took place over the weekend of September 14-15. Once again we were able to see the superiority of the trio, which literally rolled over the stages week after week.
The Fortnite Champion Series is divided into three: weekly qualifications, Group Stage and Grand Finals.
The qualifications will occur every weekend for 5 weeks, from August 17 to September 15. Anyone can participate as long as they are in the Champion League in Arena Mode.
The weekly qualifications are divided into three stages:
- Stage 1: On Saturday from 1pm to 4pm: players have 3 hours to play 10 games. The top 1000 trios move on to Stage 2.
- Stage 2: On Saturday from 5pm to 8pm: 3 hours to play 10 games. The 150 best trios go to Stage 3.
- Stage 3: On Sunday from 5pm to 8pm: 3 hours to play 10 games. The 8 best trios are qualified for the Group Stage.
As 8 trios qualify each week for the Group Stage, 40 trios will qualify at the end of the weekly qualifications. To these 40 trios will be added the 92 trios that have never managed to be in the top 8 of a weekly qualification, but that have been the most regular during the 5 weeks. A total of 132 trios will qualify for the Group Stage.
The Group Stage
- The Group Stage is more intensive: it is played in only 2 days (September 20 and 21), with 2 rounds per day. The trios only have 4 rounds to qualify for the Grand Finals.
- Each round lasts 3 hours and players can only play 6 games during this time, with one game automatically starting every 30 minutes. Players will have to choose between staying in their game, or leaving to catch the next game that is about to start.
- At the end of a round, you must be in the Top 8 of the ranking to qualify for the Grand Finals.
- With 4 rounds and 8 teams qualified each time, 32 trios will have their place in the Grand Finals.
The Grand Finals
It is held on September 22. The 32 trios will have to make a Top 4 during one of the rounds of the Group Stage, and it will determine the champions of the Fortnite Champion Series.
Here you can find the list of goods available in the Fortnite Item Shop for September 16, including skins, weapons, picks, dances, emotes and gliders.