Time is money, even in Red Dead Redemption 2. To earn your living, you will be able to participate in countless activities, when it is not a question of committing some petty theft on the premises. Here, in our opinion, is the best way to earn money in RDR2.
As you progress, you will come across valuable maps that will show you the location of great rewards. Here are the ones we have already covered:
- Statues treasure, $1500 in a few minutes
- Treasure map of Jack Hall Band
- Treasure map of the High Stakes
- Treasure map of the Dead
- Treasure map of the Poisoned Trail
Receiver and horses
- Receiver: he will be happy to take over the stagecoaches you have robbed. For the robbery, you just have to threaten passers-by with your passers-by. Attention! The law is quite tough in RDR2 and a premium on your head can fall quickly, it will require a little preparation on your part.
- Horses: Long enough to set up but devilishly profitable, reselling a horse can make you earn a lot of money. You will need access to the lasso and stables if you plan to engage in intensive training. Note that, as a base, a stable can only store 3 of your frames at a time. Nevertheless, it remains a significant financial windfall.
A little petty theft from time to time
Many buildings can be explored and, all night long, homes become easy prey for burglars. Rob banks, threaten shops and if possible the most chic, rob houses: you will take risks, probably lower your honor, but you will earn dollars on dollars. Don't forget, before the slightest robbery, hide your face in order to act incognito.
Fruit of the cutting up
The shops will always be happy to take back your skins for a stunning and stumbling coin. The more properly you kill the animal, the more valuable it will be (we will have the opportunity to come back to it in the next update of our hunting guide). Remember that animals can also be given to the main camp to improve it. As we have seen, fences and trappers will also be happy to collect skins and elements for resale, but also crafts, with the making of talismans and amulets.
Secrets and rumors
Listen to all the conversations, rescue passers-by and feel free to visit everything in your path, curiosity and exploration are excellent ways to access great rewards. Many paths to the game's best kept secrets are initiated by talking or listening.
Playing a few card games and plucking people can bring in a lot of money, especially when you're good at it. Many activities are available in the game's cities, keep an eye on them! And at worst, if things go wrong, you can always turn the saloon upside down and rob it: that's also freedom of action.
Very regularly when you run around in the huge map of RDR2, you will meet rival gangs who will try to kill you: after having undersold them, take the time to get off the horse to search the robbers, they often have some valuable items in their pockets.
Donations to the camp jackpot are important to keep the morale of the troops high. Don't keep everything to yourself and get rid of your charms in the common fund for the good of your community, she will know how to thank you. Sometimes you will not even have a choice: a portion of your reward will automatically be paid to the caravan. This will also be necessary to purchase the various camp improvements available.
Written by Bastien "Lloyd" Dubosq-Luyer. Translated from French by Millenium.us.org.