Killing all the bosses in Demon's Souls and completing the story is just the beginning of the adventure for hardcore players.
After the death of the last boss, you keep your character with its current stats and equipment and you land in the NG+ tutorial level. But some things will change, and some things won't. Here's everything you need to know.
New Game difficulty +
- Enemies and bosses have more life and inflict more damage.
- Theoretically, you can play as many NG+ games in a row as you want, but the difficulty progression stopped at NG+7 in the old version of the game. We don't know about the remake yet, but we can assume that it follows these rules as well.
What you keep in NG +
- Soul level and stats
- Character and Worlds Tendencies.
- Souls in stock.
- Consumables and weapon upgrade stones of all types.
- All pieces of equipment (weapons, armor, shields, and so on...).
- All spells.
What you lose in NG +
- All quest items and items related to the story.
- All your keys.
- All the shortcuts are closed.
- All NPCs are reset. Which means you must give the Flamelurker Soul to Blacksmith Ed again, and so one.
- Many items that aren't unique reappear in the world and can be picked up again, but you don't lose any in your possession.
Things to do before upgrading to NG +
- Note that you can't spend your souls with the Maiden in Black after killing the last mandatory boss: you'll have to wait until you kill Phalanx again in NG+.
- Kill all the bosses and optional bosses in the game.
- Complete all Mephistopheles' quests, which means killing the majority of the game's friendly NPCs. They are no longer really useful at the end of the game.
- Kill all friendly NPCs to get their souls and equipment.
- Collect all items from the worlds, especially those related to weapon upgrades.
- Upgrade your equipment as much as possible with the Blacksmith.
- If you've played the game a certain way — such as pure black Character and World Tendency, you can try to reverse the tendency as much as possible in preparation for your second game to discover the alternatives.
Original content by Robin "Raiden" Bouquet.
Want to rebuild your character to better optimize your game in Demon's Souls? Re-allocating stats points is a long and complicated process.
In order to upgrade your weapons in Demon's Souls, you'll need to free Blacksmith Ed, give him the Red Hot Demon's Soul, and find plenty of materials.