After defeating Margit, the vastest dungeon in Elden Ring is waiting for you, and at its end, the first demigod of a long series: Godrick, or rather, Godrick the Grafted, an abomination endowed with a multitude of arms. But don't be put off by his high-sounding words and contemptuous attitude, he's a small knock compared to other demigods. It is the first big boss that we'd recomment you to kill.
- You are not forced to kill Godrick immediately to progress in the exploration of the world, we advise you to take the grand tour of the three regions of Necrolimbo in order to obtain a maximum of equipment, levels, and others. Upgrade your vials, find good summoning spirits, find a good weapon and then upgrade it, etc. The castle of Morne in the very south of the continent is a good crossing point before going to say hello to Godrick.
- You can get help from Nepheli Loux the Warrior on this fight, a very powerful fighter who left a golden mark near the boss door. If she is not present, return to the castle, follow the main path after the troll. Nepheli is in a small room with a corpse of a knight. By talking to her several times, she will agree to help you. It doesn't matter if she dies during the fight, it has no influence on the rest of her quests.
Fight against Godrick
- Godrick's big ax swings and jumps can all be dodged with a little practice. Roll around him to keep attacking quietly (if you're playing melee, of course).
- It is especially necessary to be wary of the whirlwind when it turns its ax, it is necessary to move back quickly not to be caught in the devastating attack which it will release a few moments later.
- When the boss's life drops enough, he will raise his ax vertically and hit the ground. It either takes excellent timing or backing up at long range to dodge it. He will then become more aggressive with his attacks.
- After the cutscene during which Godrick tears off his arm to graft a dragon's head on it, the fight will change radically. The first phase was easy for ranged characters, the second is much less so, since the boss loves sweeping the area with a huge fire breath. It is nevertheless an opportunity, especially in melee, since being fast, it allows you to go under the arm to return to melee and attack freely. Even for mages and such, it may be easier to dash into melee as well in order to avoid the cone of flames.
The tornado attack of the first phase becomes a fire tornado. It inflicts damage during its charge, so you have to back up even faster to avoid taking heavy damage.
Then it's just execution, don't be too aggressive so you can dodge his melee attacks. They're slow and predictable, but they hurt and their timing is a bit odd.
This guide has been translated from MGG France by bxakid and was originally written by Raiden Robin.
If you don't want to climb the tower with your mount and want to unlock it the legit way, you'll have to get the erudition emote