Elden Ring has plenty of surprises in store for you, and seeing the face of "King" Morgott is certainly one of them. But when we know that there is a family link between him and Margit, it immediately seems a little more logical. You will normally need to have collected 2 Major Runes before you can duel with him.
- Having a sufficiently high level and a well-equipped character is certainly the main criteria. This boss is done in good conditions if you have done the majority of the first 3 or 4 regions.
- A summon spirit that fights from a distance, and has a lot of health, is preferable in this fight. Those in melee will be slaughtered by the boss.
- Apart from what you need to optimize your build, talismans that reduce holy and/or physical damage are welcome.
- This fight is very similar to the one against Margit, we find the same principle of invoking weapons of light, with daggers, a sword and a hammer. He has pretty similar moves too. But be careful, he has a few more attacks in his arsenal, for starters, he uses a sword rather than a stick, it's faster and he can chain more attacks with it.
- Morgott loves to summon a spear and slam it forward, or charge you with it. You have to dodge laterally with the right timing.
- He sometimes uses a shower of swords. When you see him stand up and channel an incantation, it's best to step back a good distance.
- Then just practice a little dodging his attacks. If you use a shield, you can also block his quick combos. Seek to pass behind his back rather than backing up and better in general, even if you have to be wary of tail swipes.
- When Morgott's health reaches around 50%, he will get angry, which will change several elements. His sword will ignite and deal more damage (the precise type is unknown). He won't sometimes trigger a big combo of attacks with the latter, in this case, it's more fire damage.
- The floor of the room will be flooded, this has no direct impact on your performance, but there is a catch. When an attack from Morgott hits the ground, one way or the other, the water will start to bubble. A few moments later, an eruption will occur. So you have to keep an eye on the surface, and stay mobile.
This guide has been translated from MGG France by bxakid and was originally written by Raiden Robin.
If you don't want to climb the tower with your mount and want to unlock it the legit way, you'll have to get the erudition emote