Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, Blizzard decided that the Masters Tour Madrid, just like the previous one, would be played online to ensure the safety of players and staff.
However, instead of December, the last major of the 2020 Hearthstone competitive circuit will take place on October, with qualifications starting on August 6!
- Player meeting – 8.30am PDT
- Swiss Round 1 – 9:00am PDT
- Swiss Round 6 – 9:00am PDT
- Top 8 Playoffs – 9:00am PDT
- Hearthstone Masters Tour Madrid will be played over three days:
Day 1 will feature 5 rounds of Swiss pairings. Players will be dropped after receiving their third match loss.
- Players with 3 or more match wins will advance to day 2, which will feature 4 more Swiss pairings rounds.
- After the conclusion of the Swiss rounds, the top 8 players will advance into a single-elimination playoff.
The top 8 players will return on day 3 to compete in the playoff.
- All matches will be played online using 4-deck, best of five Conquest format with a ban. This tournament is bring your own device.
You may qualify for the Masters Tour Online: Madrid from August 6 to September 27 and register as usual on Battlefy.
Here are all the ways to qualify for this future Masters Tour:
- Win one of 90 online Masters Qualifiers between August 6 and September 27 on Battlefy.
- Finish with at least a 7-2 record at Masters Tour Online: Asia-Pacific and Masters Tour Online: Montreal.
- Place within the Top 8 of a Masters Qualifier for Masters Tour Online: Madrid five times.
- Place top 16 Legend on the in-game Ladder in the months of August and September (see official Masters Qualifiers rules for details).
- Be a Hearthstone Grandmaster.
Original content by Jean-Vincent "Durvil" Cannata.