There is a lot to do in The Last of Us 2, as searching each place methodically is the only way to get all the collectibles, and the same goes for weapons.
Note that you have to find the 12 weapons to get the High Caliber Trophy. Some weapons are obtained automatically throughout the story, but others will require you to pick them up from a specific place at a specific time.
List of weapons
Here's the list of all the main weapons. They are listed here in order of acquisition. The only three weapons you'll need to look for are in red in the list.
- Semi Auto Pistol & Bolt-Action Rifle: Available from the start.
- Revolver: Obtained in Chapter 7 "Packing Up", in the red box on the bed in Joel's house.
- Pump-Action Shotgun: Taken from a corpse in the safe (opened by code 60-23-06) in Chapter 9 "Downtown".
- Bow: You will have to reach Chapter 16 Hillcrest . After seeing smoke in the distance, follow the normal path to a garage. A new type of infected will catch you. Kill him and pick up the bow on his corpse.
- Semi Auto Pistol & Semi Auto Pistol: Both obtained automatically during Chapter 24 "The Stadium".
- Hunting pistol : Towards the end of Chapter 25 "On Foot" , after carrying a ladder and leaving the warehouse in which a suspended ship was, you will join Manny outside. On the right is “MS Corporation Soft Drink Distribution Center”, enter through the crack at the back, the weapon is in the trunk (unlocked with the code 17-38-07).
- Hunting rifle: In Chapter 28 "Hostile Territory" , after climbing a wall, you will land in Chinatown. Climb to the floor of the leftmost shop, kill the 2 infected then jump to reach the balcony in the street. You will find a hole in the floor that will allow you to reach the interior of a store. The weapon is behind the counter. This weapon can also be obtained automatically later in the chapter.
- Crossbow: Obtained automatically during Chapter 31 "The Coast".
- Flamethrower: Another weapon obtained automatically, this time in Chapter 34 "The Descent".
- Silenced SMG: The last weapon of the game is in Chapter 44 "The Resort".
These projectiles are consumed in use, so you'll need to craft them or find more.
- Molotov Cocktail: Obtained automatically at the start of the game, in Chapter 4 "Patrol".
- Stun Bomb: Found in the guardhouse near the synagogue in Chapter 9 "Downtown".
- Trap Mine: In Chapter 11 "Capitol Hill", you will have to push a trash can to access the balcony of an apartment. You'll find a trap mine on the bed and it will unlock the recipe.
- Pipe Bomb: During Chapter 25 "On Foot" , Manny will send you to collect the materials required for this homemade grenade. The recipe is obtained at the end of this quest.
The holsters will allow you to change weapons more easily without having to take them out of your bag. The holster found at a specific location can change depending on the weapons already obtained. There are 2 in total, the Short Gun Holster and the Long Gun Holster.
- Holster 1: In Chapter 9 "Downtown", on the counter in Barko's pet store after finding the key in the restaurant toilet to the north.
- Holster 2: In the trunk of the garage full of infected in Chapter 16 "Hillcrest".
Original content by Robin "Raiden" Bouquet.
Discover the list of trophies that are available in The Last of Us 2. Here is how to get all the 26 trophies in the game.