After the last Masters Tour, won by the Spanish Frenetic, and while waiting for the return of the GrandMasters this weekend, the Blizzard teams have announced the arrival of a new tournament! This time, it will take place in the Battlegrounds game mode, and will see the 16 best players from Europe, the Middle East and Africa compete against each other!
The first EMEA Battlegrounds Cup will therefore see 16 players compete to share part of the $ 10,000 endowment. Among the competitors, you will be able to find and follow eight personalities from the Hearthstone community, as well as the eight best players in the European ranking. If you think you can prove that you are one of the best players in Battlegrounds, here is how this cup works:
- Leaderboard-based invitations will be sent to the top players as of September 28.
Eligible countries are indicated in the regulations .
- Each player invited for their ranking will team up with a player from the community, favoring duos from the same country / sharing the same language.
- The eight pairs will be split into two divisions, A and B. Division A will play on Friday to determine the 2 teams that will qualify for the Sunday playoffs.
- Division B will play on Saturday to determine the 2 teams that will qualify for the Sunday playoffs.
- Each day, the teams will play several private games and points will be distributed to each player according to their ranking.
- The top two teams from each day (based on their cumulative points) will qualify to play eight games on Sunday.
The prizes will be distributed among the 4 best teams:
- 1st place: $ 5,000, or $ 2,500 each
- 2nd place: $ 2,400, or $ 1,200 each
- 3rd place: $ 1,600, or $ 800 each
- 4th place: $ 1,000, or $ 500 each
More information on commentators, selected players, teams and channels to watch will arrive in the coming weeks. For more information, see the rules. In the meantime, don't forget to watch the final weeks of Hearthstone Grandmasters 2020 Season 2, exclusively on YouTube!
Original content by Jean-Vincent "Durvil" Cannata.