If you're getting a little bored of the mountains and plains of Valheim, you can now change it up thanks to this free mod that lets you explore the realms of Azeroth.
The mod, called Valheim of Warcraft, won't change anything about the core gameplay but it does add the majority of World of Warcraft's zones to the game — includin Kalimdor, Quel'Thalas, the Eastern Kingdoms and more. The creator — who goes by the name Kromek on Nexus Mod — has said that the maps are not a 1:1 ratio, in fact they've been by around 20% to make them fit in Valheim. The cosmic realms like Argus and the Outlands haven't been included.
The map starts players off in a version of the Timeless Isle, and from there each zone has its own path and boss battles. You'll be able to use portals to get from one zone to another.
You won't find any cities or dungeons to explore just yet, but the creator plans to flesh the map out by adding “burial chambers, sunken crypts, and goblin villages”, but for now you can always try recreating places like Stormwind yourself.
Image courtesy of Nexus Mod
To add Valheim of Warcraft map to your game:
- Go to Users/[Your User Name]/AppData/LocalLow/IronGate/Valheim on your PC.
- Back up the “Worlds” and “Characters” folders to a safe, easily accessible location so you can recover your game data if something goes wrong.
- Install the Better Continents mod from Nexus Mods (requires a free Nexus Mods account).
- Download the Valheim of Warcraft map zip folder from Nexus Mods.
- Unzip the Valheim of Warcraft map to Users/[Your User Name]/AppData/LocalLow/IronGate/Valheim/worlds
- Open Valheim, then select “Valheim of Warcraft” from the listed worlds to start playing.
You can find full details of the mod on the official Nexus Mod page.