Shortly after launching Grounded, you may discover that you are arachnophobic, as these critters will ruin your life in game. The most common spider in the garden is the Orbitel, and you will really come across it everywhere. Suffice to say that you will have to learn how to kill it, in order to overcome your fears. At least until you have to kill Wolf Spiders, but that's another story.
Where to find Orbitels?
It would be quicker to list the places where she is not. It really isn't hard to come across one. However, it is useful to know its habits. The orbitel is a diurnal hunter, quite territorial. She sleeps outside during the night, and it is then possible to pass next to her by squatting so as not to make noise. During the day, it patrols a small area, where it positions itself in ambush near its webs.
The particularity of the Orbitel is that it likes company, it often has one or two junior Orbitels in the area, even small spiders. It is better to eliminate them before, if you want to face the big beast.
You probably know this only too well, but if you decide to go hunting these creatures, here is a small list of where they live:
- In the area surrounded by a wooden fence to the north, just before the pond.
- Around the board to the southeast.
- Between the sandbox and the wall, west of the map.
- In the southeast corner of the map, near the bays.
- If you're going to fight him in melee, you need at least acorn armor and a weevil shield. You don't have much choice, since she is very fast and aggressive. If you don't block all of his attacks, you will soon die. You can also wait until you have progressed further in the game before rubbing shoulders with her. Ladybug armor would be ideal on this fight.
- The Orbitel resists piercing attacks, so arrows and spear have limited effectiveness. Favor edged weapons, ideally rank 2+ , it is vulnerable to this type of damage. She is, however, immune to poison , which makes sense.
- Plan a stock of bandages and various smoothies.
- You can also go and collect all the Milk Molars accessible at this point in the game, in order to buy maximum life and endurance bonuses.
Without asking you to farm the best Mutations in the game, you can easily unlock 2 or 3 which will make your life much easier. We recommend the following:
- Human Shield : Purchased for 3000 Raw Science from BURG.L - Increases maximum life by 30%.
- Axe-All : Kill 50/100/200 creatures with an ax - Ax attacks have a chance to stun the target. This interrupts the target's current action, if you're using an axe, of course. This is probably the best weapon type for this fight, at this level of progression.
- Flower Executioner : Find the four-leaf clover in the cave in the flooded area to the southeast - Additional increase in critical hit damage by 10%.
So here, no mystery, your only chance of survival is to block, or even perfectly block all attacks. This will require you to learn to recognize each attack and its timing. You might die quite a few times. We therefore suggest that you build a shelter near the place of combat, in order to change your resurrection point. Thus, you can die and come back in a loop, almost without any penalty, and without wasting time.
To help you, here is a small analysis of the attacks:
- Backswing : The spider backs up a bit before jumping on you.
- Web throw: From a distance, or when the fight opens, it throws a sticky web that will immobilize you. Attack multiple times with a melee weapon to break free. Junior Orbitels do not have this attack.
- Leap : The big Orbitel can't jump, but the little versions can. This is to be taken into account if you intend to take refuge in height.
Slide : When the spider raises its two front legs, it will then slide forward, which produces several attacks.
Perfectly blocking an attack will cause the spider to flinch, giving you time to attack with impunity. Hammer and ax type weapons also have a chance to stun him, which will give you an additional attack opportunity.
As with the Beetle, hiding high up to shoot the Orbitèle with impunity is an easy and risk-free way to beat it. Find a high branch or rocks. Avoid grass and clover, as it can destroy them.
The only problem is that this spider is resistant to arrows, expect at least 100-150 solo arrows to kill it, even with the eye patch on to increase your damage.
Farming spider webs
You will soon discover that it takes dozens of silk threads to craft equipment and then repair it. Going regularly to kill an Orbitel is probably not an activity that appeals to you, even with a bow. Luckily, it's easy to get tons of webs without taking any risks.
- Killing small spiders gives a web.
- Destroying the webs everywhere automatically adds a web to your inventory, there is no need to pick it up. This can give the impression that it does nothing.
- The cocoons in the branches of the bay tree also drop webs, in addition to releasing a small spider to kill. But beware, there are many.
The Polish studio has detailed its plans for its various licenses, including the next game based on the Cyberpunk universe. The Phantom Liberty extension is in preparation, but a real sequel will also be developed, in order to show the potential of the license.