God of War Ragnarök will introduce you to hunting small game with great blows of legendary ax throws. The main collectibles hunt in the game is to kill Odin's 48 spy crows. It seems to be said a lot like that, but the game is vast. We will tell you all about them.
Niflheim and the Raven Tree
You can quickly start hunting Ravens in-game, but the usefulness of the thing only really becomes apparent once free travel between realms is unlocked. Don't worry, you can't miss it. When you gain access to the tiny kingdom of Niflheim, you will find that it is almost completely empty. In addition to the training ground and a forge, there is the tree of Ravens, which will give you some reasons to ease your conscience. The Ravens aren't really killed, they're freed from Odin's grasp.
At the foot of the tree are 6 legendary chests. Their content is unlocked over time by hunting enough crows. Each time you reach a required cap, Mimir will let you know.
- The first 3 chests contain an interesting armor set.
- The next 3 give powerful runic attacks for your weapons.
- You will unlock a special boss, the Guardian of the Crows, then obtain a special Trophy, once the 48 crows and the boss are killed.
How to find and kill Ravens?
At least the game isn't cruel, and you should be able to find the majority of Ravens unassisted, for several reasons. The main one is that each kingdom lists the total number of ravens it contains, and each region individually lists its number of ravens. This means that by displaying the map, you can easily see how many Ravens are in the area. You are therefore not going to search for nothing, in an already emptied region.
- Ravens being neon green, they are often easily spotted. It will nevertheless be necessary to show skill and a little timing to kill those who steal. If you don't have the patience to aim at the flying Ravens, the spear , obtained later in the game, will allow you to snipe them easily.
- However, many Ravens are hidden behind obstacles or ledges, making it difficult to see them unless you look in the right place from the right angle. But a clue will help you: the characteristic noise of Ravens. They all emit plaintive croaks, which you can hear in the area. Then all you have to do is look everywhere. If despite your efforts you cannot find the Raven, move forward a little in the area, it will then often be visible from another position.
- Finally, some Ravens can't be killed immediately, that's normal. You will have to go back to the area later, when the story has advanced in order to open the passage, or with new, more suitable tools, such as the spear .
List of 48 Ravens in the 9 kingdoms
This is actually a bit misleading, since there aren't ravens in all realms. There are none in Asgard, nor in Niflheim, nor in Jotunheim. That leaves only 6.
- A single crow, just to the left of the entrance, on top of a rock.
- Perched on the edge of the roof of a house in the town of the dwarves.
- A single crow, flying above the area. It will take an attack with the right timing on its trajectory.
- The first crow is at the edge of the area, perched on the crane hook.
- The crow is hidden between the beams, behind planks, at eye level.
- A crow sits on a rocky outcrop a great distance away on the right flank of the whale/island. But it is impossible to reach at the start , it will be necessary to come back much later with the spear .
Isle of Alberich
This section and its two crows are only accessible once in possession of the spear , obtained much later in the story.
- The first crow flies to the left of the island after using the hook points to the north, with your new weapon.
- The second can be reached via the interior of the small island, there is a hole in the cliff. Trying to sniper it from afar, from the other side, is pointless.
This area also cannot be reached without the spear , obtained much later in the story.
- The crow is just on the side of the road, knock it out by crossing the new secret area.
- The first crow is on the way, you should hear it and find it easily.
- You initially cross the area between two trolley passes. The second part of this area is blocked off until the story brings you there with Brok, much later. The second crow is then perched on the cliff to the left of the forge. You can't miss it.
- The vile sparrow simply flies over the artificial lake, in the middle of the quarry. If you ever have difficulty returning to the area, be aware that you must return via the entrance to the kingdom, then take the raft used with Tyr in the opposite direction. You then have to cross the mine in the opposite direction, take a new passage that leads to an ogre, then open a door that serves as a shortcut to the entrance to the mine.
- In an alcove, a little high up in the mine.
- The first raven in the kingdom is by the side of the path to the temple, simply perched on a branch.
temple of light
- Go down the main road of the temple, in order to find an annex corridor with a crow hidden behind a golden grid. To kill him, you have to bounce your ax on 2 night crystals. The first is on the pillar on the left , the trajectory line must turn blue, and it leads to the second stone above the grid. Trying to bounce the ax off a single stone doesn't work.
- The second crow is simply perched on a high balcony, in your way. By being vigilant, you shouldn't miss it either.
You have to wait until you have finished with the story in the main area, in the company of Tyr, for the passage to the following areas to open.
- In flight above the area, you will have to show dexterity to catch it on the way. You have to climb on the upper part of the area, at the level of the barrier, in order to have it. Trying to get it from the area below is probably impossible.
- At the bottom left of the area, placed on a branch. Ending the sandstorm will make your life easier before you go looking for it.
- The second crow is in one of the eye sockets of the giant skull at the bottom of the area. You can have it from inside.
The forbidden sands
You must wait until you have lifted Freya's curse in Vanaheim , as part of the main story, to access the area. Putting an end to the sandstorm is advisable before chasing the crows.
- North of the area, in flight in front of the statue of Freyr.
- Perched on a ledge of a rocky islet, in the middle of the desert.
- Perched behind the troll statue, in the small western section of the area. Pass under the overturned column to reach it.
48th secret crow
The 48th raven in the game is not available until you have completed the main story. It is listed in the Forbidden Sands area, but in an inaccessible section of the map, along with the last Chest of Norns. After watching the end credits, return to the east of the area, at the foot of the elf archives. We must have stopped the sandstorm too. You will discover that a hole is now at the foot of the building. All that remains is to enter and kill the lone bird.
- In flight, above water, to the left, after entering the realm.
- Placed on a branch in front of the kind of ruined blue runic structure, after exiting the camp through the wooden door.
- The game plays a bad joke on you, the crow is on the other side of a tree, perched on the head of a statue. But you can't reach it the first time you pass through the area . We will have to wait to come back much later, as part of the story.
- On the other side of the river, look under the stone arch.
- Perched on a root at ceiling level, close to one of the beaches.
- On a branch above the water. You have to land on a nearby beach, then reach the runic plate in height in order to have a shooting angle.
- In flight in front of the falls, after opening the area with the runic words.
East Barri Wood
You know the topo now. This area is only accessible when the story takes you back to Vanaheim, much later.
- It is perched high above the cliffs that line the path.
The area is only available towards the end of the game, after rescuing Freyr, and obtaining the flying longship . You have to complete the quest to track the dog in the woods . This will take you to a new optional area full of crows and activity.
- The first crow is hidden below for once, you have to look in one of the ravines to the north of the area, being on the right side. As much to warn you, the other crows in the area will play the same joke on you, this is called keeping a low profile.
- The second crow is also below, to the north of the area, to the right of the path that leads to Brok's forge and the moon altar. You have to position yourself a little before the corner to see it.
- The third raven is also in the North, it is hidden in one of the cracks above which you jump to reach the forge and the altar. But it is only visible by turning around and looking down.
- The fourth raven is a loner, perched high up to the left of the frozen lightning bolt.
- The fifth crow can be plucked from the edges of the path, to the east of the area. It's perched high on the cliff, or at the water's edge, if you've opened the dam.
The crow is simply perched on top of a chest, in the ogre area. You will have to open the dam to reach it.
- You have to open the dam, then reach the central area and open the gate to access this section of the river protected by a dragon. The crow is in the distance, nestled along the cliff. Put a spear in the feathers.
There are no crows in the area when you explore it with Atreus. You have to wait to be in control of daddy Kratos.
- Perched on a high rock. You have to go around the area, and reach the foot of the cliff, to be able to touch it with your axe.
lake of nine
- Perched on the sculptures, on the side of the cliff, to the east of the area.
- In a small dead end full of ice, under the edges of the temple of Tyr. Take the sleigh ride to fall on it.
- Hidden inside the wreckage of ships, which serve as an ark. Look below, there is a hole.
- Proudly perched on a pole of a mechanism to be activated, it is difficult to miss.
Well of Urd
- At rest, on a rock, not far from a campfire. You must complete the first steps of the Norn quest to climb into the area.
As usual, there are no crows on your first visit, in command of Atreus.
- The first crow flies peacefully, on the left, in your path.
- The second crow is only present at the very end of the region, when you have done the grand tour, and defeated Garm. When you're about to return to the entrance, he's perched in the corner.
Crows are not present in the challenge area which you access by obtaining two seed halves. They are also not present when exploring with Atreus. You have to wait until you visit the second half of the area with Kratos, at the very end of the story, to find Surt.
- The crow is hidden underground, in the small side passage that leads to a legendary chest. Explore the area a bit and you'll find it.
- The last raven in the game (if you've had them all), is high above the cliff overlooking Surt's Forge. You have to position yourself where the giant was, and turn around, to see it.
The leader of the light elves is not grateful for your help in Alfheim in God of War Ragnarök, she uses a new type of double blue circle attack. Here is a strategy guide with tips for defeating her on maximum difficulty, as well as a video of the fight in this mode.