Part of this process is to farm a total of 18 Haunting Memories of the Dying and Vexatious Memories of the Dying.
These two items could either be farmed in Alliance raids, or in FATEs. However the drop rates were so low in FATEs that many players decided to spend hours in the Alliance raids instead.
However, the drop rates were so bad that Square Enix have decided to change them, along with other changes to items required for the upgrade.
Here's what has changed:
- The drop rate of Loathsome Memories of the Dying has been increased for critical engagements in the Bozjan Southern Front.
- The drop rates for Haunting Memories of the Dying and Vexatious Memories of the Dying have been increased for FATEs in applicable areas.
- The number of Loathsome Memories of the Dying obtained upon completion of the critical engagement “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore” in the Bozjan Southern Front has been increased from 1 to 5.
- The maximum number of Bozjan Coins that can be obtained from personal spoils in the critical engagement “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore” in the Bozjan Southern Front has been increased from 26 to 100.
- Completion of the critical engagement “The Battle of Castrum Lacus Litore” in the Bozjan Southern Front will now reward Mettle and Allagan Tomestones of Revelation or experience points.
- Characters whose levels are 80 outside of the instance will receive Allagan Tomestones of Revelation, while characters below level 80 will receive experience points.
These are huge changes, making the Castrum more interesting and the Relic upgrade quicker (with less chances to wipe during FATEs).
With Patch 5.45 the new Relic Weapons upgrades are now available in Final Fantasy XIV. Here's how to get the Loathsome Memories of the Dying and upgrade your Resistance Weapons.
Introduced with Heavensward, the Void Ark is an Alliance Raid in FFXIV, and here's how to unlock it.
A new hotfix has been implemented in Final Fantasy XIV, changing the drop rates of the items required for the Relic upgrade and loot from Castrum Lacus Litore.