From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Vayne in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Immortal Shieldbow helps marksmen survive burst damage, and adds valuable lifesteal.
Guinsoo's Rageblade turns critical chance into added damage.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Vayne skill priority is:
R > W > Q > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Vayne in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Vayne is particularly dependent on items to become strong, whether through Q - Tumble, with its solid AD ratio, or W - SIlver Bolts, which ramps up the attack speed. Without her R - Final Hour, she takes time to get going.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Tumble, so that you can last hit minions more easily, initiate poke trades, and dive out of the way if needed.
- Level 2 - Take E - Condemn, for increased trading potential. Your damage will still be low without W - Silver Bolts, but you should be able to control the lane better.
- First Back - Try to go back with at least 1400 Gold, so you can purchase a BF Sword, and if possible Health Potions and a Control Ward.
Tips & Tricks
- Vayne's Condemn can stun the enemy if you hit them into a structure or wall. It also applies the Silver Bolts passive, for a third attack with increased damage.
- To maximise your damage in lane, use the following combo: Auto > Tumble > Auto > Condemn. This should give you time for two more autos and two applications of Silver Bolts.
- Casting Tumble against the environment will speed up the animation.
- Stacks of the Silver Bolts passive will drop off if you change target. Make sure you stick to one until it procs.
- When using Final Hour, Vayne's Tumble grants invisibility for one second. Use this to escape enemy focus or deceive.