Sona is a versatile champion able to poke and control as well as healing her allies.
- Boots of Mobility are very useful to provide vision or to accompany your teammates' roams.
- You can opt for Ionian Boots of Lucidity if you know that you'll need 10% less cooldown for your spells to reach maximum cooldown.
- Spellthief's Edge will be upgraded and give wards to get vision on the map.
- Ardent Censer and Athene's Unholy Grail are two support items. Ardent Censer is a more offensive item while Athene's Unholy Grail is focused on healing allies.
- Redemption allows you to heal your allies in battle, even if you are far away (or dead).
- Rabadon's Deathcap is a really good choice when in need of more power to decimate the enemy team. Lich Bane is also to be considered since it works very well with Sona's Kit.
- Twin Shadows is very useful to catch enemies in the jungle and can create a panic state
Sona needs to keep her allies healthy while poking the enemy as much as possible.
- Level 1: Play with your Passive - Power Chord giving additional damage after three uses of Q - Hymn of Valor to poke the enemy.
- Level 2: Use W - Aria of perseverance to heal your ally and keep him longer on the lane.
E - Song of Celerity gives a speed bonus, very useful to follow or flee a gank.
Poke enemies with your Q - Hymn of Valor and your Passive - Power Chord.
Use E - Song of Celerity on you and your ADC to ease your movement and boost your damage thanks to Ardent Censer.
If the enemies are packed in a small group don't hesitate to use your R - Crescendo to stun them all.
Tips & Tricks
- You can charge your passive even before going back on the lane.
- If an enemy assassin dive on your carry you can use W - Aria of perseverance + auto-attack.
- If you want to catch an enemy use E - Song of Celerity + auto-attack.
- Your spells have an AOE secondary effect, get close to your allies to buff them.