From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Ezreal in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Essence Reaver has fantastic synergy with Ezreal's W+Q combo, adding mana regeneration to damage, critical chance, and cooldown reduction.
Manamune is an absolute necessity, given how much you'll spam Mystic Shot.
Trinity Force offers a great power spike, as well as cooldown reduction through the Mythic Item passive.
Other options include Serylda's Grudge for slowing and shredding tanks, or Titanic Hydra for some badly needed wave clear.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Ezreal skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Ezreal in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Ezreal has great mobility and considerable poke capabilities, and his strength lies in his constant harassment from the very start.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Mystic Shot, so you can start poking the enemy immediately.
- Level 2 - Try to get the ninth minion in lane before the enemy ADC, so you can level up and take E - Arcane Shift, so you have your gap closer and escape tool before the initial trades.
- First Back - You'll want to work your way towards Manamune as soon as possible, so you can gain stacks and morph it into Muramana.
Tips & Tricks
- Always keep Arcane Shift off cooldown - you never know when you'll need to escape.
- Arcane Shift immediately followed by Flash can close significant gaps in an instant, often surprising the enemy.
- Arcane Shift can also cancel some crowd control abilities, if you time it perfectly. This is especially useful against Blitzcrank's grab.
- Your Trueshot Barrage ultimate deals the most damage to the first enemy hit, so try to hit that enemy directly.
- Mystic Shot reduces cooldowns by 1.5 seconds if they hit enemies. Try to be accurate!
- Use Trueshot Barrage at the start of teamfights to apply passives to as many enemies as possible.
- The channeling of Trueshot Barrage cannot be interrupted, so if you think you're going to be hit by a CC ability, start channeling to get some damage in first!
- Keeping your passive stacked is key to good Ezreal play - use Mystic Shot regularly to keep it at five stacks.
- Apply Essence Flux before using Arcane Shift, so that damage is consistently high.
- If you're quick, use Flash immediately as you launch a Mystic Shot, so that it launches at the end of the Flash animation rather than beforehand.