From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Fiddlesticks in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Hextech Rocketbelt affords Fiddlesticks a bit more mobility, especially when preparing to use your ultimate.
Zhonya's Hourglass is a must as a hard-engage tool, allowing you to dive in with your ultimate, then pop the stasis and survive long enough for the ult to be effective.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Fiddlesticks skill priority is:
R > W > Q > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Fiddlesticks in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Fiddlesticks is all about passively farming to level 6, so you can unlock your ultimate and begin initiating ganks. Before then, avoid the enemy jungler, and tell your lanes to play safely.
- Level 1 - Take W - Bountiful Harvest, which is your primary camp-farming tool.
- Level 2 - Take E - Reap, an ability that will help with farming.
- Level 3 - Take another point in W - Bountiful Harvest. You should heal enough from camps that you can stay out longer.
- First Back - If you want to go for an early gank to help a lane get ahead, perhaps aim for a Stopwatch. Otherwise boots are a good idea.
Tips & Tricks
- Thanks to Terrify's passive, if you can initiate a gank or fight without being seen beforehand, you'll trigger a fear on the enemy. You can't immediately fear an enemy again with the skill, but will do additional damage.
- Bountiful Harvest drains an area, so you can hit multiple targets for increased damage and healing.
- Bountiful Harvest is less effective against minions. Don't waste it on them.
- Reap has a sizeable range, but you'll want the enemy at the very centre to benefit from the silence.
- Crowstorm can be used through walls. Use this to initiate sneak ganks, for example over the wall from tri-bush into lane.
- Learn to use the Scarecrow Effigy trinket replacement effectively, and take advantage of the move it imitates. It can even mimic a Flash.
- Placing a Scarecrow Effigy also reveals and disables wards and traps from level 6 onwards. Use it to ensure vision for your team.