From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Fizz in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Luden's Tempest is a must-have item on Fizz, for mobility, burst, and magic penetration.
Zhonya's Hourglass is an essential survivability tool, and allows Fizz a moment's delay to enter or exit a fight as he pleases.
Other good items include Lich Bane for great synergy with Fizz's kit, and Rabadon's Deathcap for sheer damage potential.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Fizz skill priority is:
R > E > W > Q
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Fizz in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Fizz takes some time to get going in lane, but once he hits his powerspike he is a deadly assassin. A highly mobile champ thanks to Playful / Trickster, Fizz should be able to hold the lane pretty easily, giving your team time to grow.
- Level 1 - Take E - Playful / Trickster, allowing you to avoid early trades and clear minion waves pretty quickly.
- Level 2 - W - Seastone Trident, for increased damage. Use it to last hit minions for a mana refund and cooldown reduction.
- First Back - Aim for a Last Chapter, so that when you level up you benefit from the mana restore passive. This allows you to stay in lane longer.
Tips & Tricks
- Seastone Trident's cooldown is reduced massively if you kill the target with it. Use this on minions to land a surprise an enemy champion with the reset.
- Playful / Trickster can be used to hop over walls, and is an essential escape tool. You can even jump a wall with the first activation, and then return with the second - great for getting a chasing opponent to waste a Flash.
- The further Churn the Waters travels, the more damage it deals, the greater the slow, and the further the knockback. Use it from hidden positions to gain the upper hand.
- You can use Flash during Playful / Trickster's return phase to further the distance travelled.