From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Sylas in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Everfrost gives your mage control over the battlefield, thanks to its passive slow. This is also an important disengage tool.
Zhonya's Hourglass is the go-to item for AP damage dealers who want survivability when they engage, especially versus assassins with incredible burst.
Other good items include Cosmic Drive, Morellonomicon, and Mejai's Soulstealer if you're good at managing stacks.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Sylas skill priority is:
R > W > E > Q
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Sylas in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
While quite weak early on, Sylas becomes a massive threat later on once he has his ultimate and item powerspike. Your job is almost like that of an assassin, to burst down the weaker enemy champions.
- Level 1 - Take E - Abscond / Abduct, for the knock-up and farming potential.
- Level 2 - Take W - Kingslayer, for the gap-closer, heal, and damage.
- First Back - Rushing boots will grant you all-important cooldown reduction, allowing you to cast more often.
Tips & Tricks
- Chain Lash has two damage-dealing parts - the initial hit, and the aftershock. Use this wisely.
- Kingslayer is more effective on enemies with less than 40% health.
- The heal of Kingslayer is also stronger when you are below 40% health.
- Abduct / Abscond has two actions, both gap-closers. Remember that the second part applies a knock-up on the target hit.
- Hijack has a relatively short cooldown, but you cannot use it repeatedly on one enemy champion in a short space of time.
- Remember that the cooldowns of abilities stolen by Sylas are double what they are for that enemy champion.
- Sylas' passive is very strong, use it to deal even more damage.
- It'll also increase his attack speed while he has a charge.