From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Syndra in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Luden's Tempest is a must-have item on mages for mobility, burst, and magic penetration.
Shadowflame will give you more magic penetration and tank-busting potential, as well as a decent amount of AP.
Other good items include Zhonya's Hourglass (more or less a core item too), Void Staff, and Rabadon's Deathcap.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Syndra skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Syndra in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Syndra is more of a medium-range mage, relying on Dark Sphere for damage and zoning in lane. She's great at controlling the lane in the early game, and becomes a fearsome burst mage later. Just be mindful of ganks!
- Level 1 - Take Q - Dark Sphere, Syndra's main tool for farming, poking, and zoning.
- Level 2 - Take E - Scatter the Weak for more lane control and waveclear.
- First Back - Lost Chapter or Hextech Alternator are good first items for damage, or you can go boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Force of Will can grab units such as Annie's Tibbers or jungle monsters.
- At max ranks, Syndra's abilities get extra bonuses. Use this knowledge for a brief powerspike right after levelling.
- You'll be granted vision where a unit thrown by Force of Will's recast lands.
- Use Dark Sphere during Scatter the Weak's animation to surprise the enemy.
- Remember that Syndra can still move during the animations of Dark Sphere and Force of Will, so use this to surprise the enemy.