From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Teemo in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Riftmaker offers AP champions a great uptick in damage output, for extended trades and solo kills.
Nashor's Tooth is essential for Teemo, granting a huge attack speed boost and tons of AP.
Other great items include Morellonomicon, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Demonic Embrace. Ultimately, you'll always be squishy, so build for damage.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Vayne skill priority is:
R > E > Q > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Teemo in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Teemo is great in the early game, especially for harassing your lane opponent. Auto-attacks will be augmented by Toxic Shot, so you're almost going to play like an ADC. However, be mindful that Teemo is very, very squishy, and easily locked down by CC thanks to a severe lack of mobility.
- Level 1 - Take E - Toxic Shot, for damage right from the start. This should help you get priority in lane.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Blinding Dart, to further assert control of the lane and help protect yourself.
- First Back - Rush Nashor's Tooth components as fast as you can, as your waveclear and trade potential will increase exponentially.
Tips & Tricks
- Mushroom traps you throw can bounce off others you've already thrown for extra distance. Use this to zone opponents or reach areas that are too dangerous, such as under turrets.
- When seiging a turret or other objective, lay plenty of mushroom traps beforehand to cover your backs.
- Use Teemo's Guerrilla Warfare passive wisely. It activates twice as quickly when you're in a bush, and you can walk around unseen. As soon as you exit the camouflage, you'll have increased attack speed. Use this to your advantage to burst enemies down.