From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Xayah in the botlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Galeforce is a great tool for avoiding a spell, especially CC projectiles, or closing the gap to an enemy.
Essence Reaver is great for skillshot-based ADCs, as well as the Spellblade passive for mana regen.
Other good items include Serylda's Grudge, Axiom Arc, and Infinity Edge, while you can replace Galeforce with Eclipse as the Mythic item.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Xayah skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Xayah in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Xayah has excellent lane control, with both engage and disengage. Played correctly, she'll
- Level 1 - Take Q - Double Daggers, for poke and wave clear.
- Level 2 - Take E - Bladecaller, to build on your Q and deal even more damage.
- First Back - Start building towards your Mythic item, or pick up boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you hit an enemy champion with at least three Feathers in order to apply the stun.
- The more crit chance you have, the more damage you'll deal with Bladecaller. This is why the likes of Essence Reaver and Infinity Edge are key items.
- Constantly fling out Feathers with Double Daggers in the laning phase, as this will act as a zoning tool as much as a damage dealer.
- Be mindful that the secondary blade of Deadly Plumage won't apply the same on-hit effects as the primary, but it will grant a sizeable move speed buff.
- The Clean Cuts passive will still deal 100% damage to the main target, even if it has to pass through other enemies first.
- You'll be untargetable during the Featherstorm animation, meaning it can be used as an escape tool as much as an offensive one.
- However, you will still be able to use your summoner spells (Flash, Heal), and move during the animation.