From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Yorick in the toplane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Divine Sunderer is a great item for toplane bruisers, and has great sustain thanks to the stolen health.
Hullbreaker grants massive amounts of health regen, increased resistances, and bonus damage to turrets. The perfect item for splitpushers.
Other good items include Sterak's Gage, Thornmail, and Serylda's Grudge. You can also swap out the Divine Sunderer for Trinity Force if you want a more aggressive build.
Starting Item & Boots
Plated Steelcaps vs AD
Mercury's Treads vs AP
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Yorick skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Yorick in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Quite simply, your role is to splitpush until eternity. Yorick has tons of sustain and push potential from level 6, so use it to get your team ahead before joining the fray.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Last Rites, as this is your main abilitiy.
- Level 2 - Take E - Mourning Mist, so that you can begin to harass your opponent in lane with your Mist Walkers.
- First Back - Grab your defensive boots to help you with sustain in lane.
Tips & Tricks
- Dark Procession is great for blocking narrow channels, such as the path to tri-bush. Use it as much as a zoning tool as a trap.
- Make sure you always last hit with Last Rites, so that you have graves on hand to summon Mist Walkers.
- Mourning Mist deals damage based on current health rather than max health, so use it to start trades for more damage.