From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Ahri in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Luden's Tempest is a great damage amplifier for burst mages, as well as giving added mobility.
Shadowflame is also a great choice, offering survivability alongside AP and magic penetration.
Other good choices include Horizon Focus, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Morellonomicon.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Ahri skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Ahri in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
A burst mage, Ahri benefits hugely from magic penetration. Aim to build for damage, but try to vary your secondary stats so that you can sustain yourself in battle.
- Level 1 - Take W - Fox-Fire, for easier initial waveclear.
- Level 2 - Take Q - Orb of Deception, for more waveclear and poke potential.
- First Back - Aim for boots if you can, as they'll provide a boost to your damage output.
Tips & Tricks
- Remember that the return path of Orb of Deception deals true damage, and as such ignores armor and magic resist.
- Using Charm and immediately following it up with Flash will give your opponent less time to react to the CC, as the charm will start from your new position.
- Use Fox-Fire before you dash in with your ultimate.
- Fox-Fire will seek out the last champion hit.
- Keep moving when you use Orb of Deception, so that you hit the enemy with both the outward and return journeys.