From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Lee Sin in the jungle in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Goredrinker is a great tool for sustain when ganking, especially if you can hit multiple champions with the Thirsting Slash.
Sterak's Gage adds damage and more survivability when you dive into the enemy team.
Other good items include Black Cleaver, Death's Dance, and Guardian Angel.
Starting Item & Boots
Plated Steelcaps vs AD
Mercury's Treads vs AP
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Lee Sin skill priority is:
R > Q > W > E
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Lee Sin in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Lee Sin gets going from level 3, and is a solid all-round champion able to engage and deal damage, while providing utility to teammates.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike for a gap closer.
- Level 2 - Take W - Safeguard/Iron Will for sustain.
- First Back - Start on your Goredrinker, or pick up boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Using Tempest/Cripple is a good way to destroy wards, as you'll activate your Flurry passive.
- Effective use of this passive is key to managing your energy. Throw in auto-attacks in-between abilities. It also offers attack speed.
- You can use Flash during your ultimate's animation, to give the enemy less time to react.
- Learning how to use wards to move quickly and unpredictably is the key to great Lee Sin play.
- Safeguard/Iron Will is great to use in the jungle, as it activates your passive and gives you lifesteal.
- Using your Dragon's Rage kick to cut off or finish off enemy champions is a high-IQ play.