From runes to items, gameplay tips amd more, we've put together a guide to help you master playing Neeko in the midlane in League of Legends.
Be mindful that there are several ways to build and play a champion, and you'll need to be adaptable as the game and the enemy team progress.
That said, this guide is a good starting point to helping you get to grips with the champion and making an impact in your games.
Hextech Rocketbelt is a key item for champions who want a gap closer, and it works well on Neeko.
Zhonya's Hourglass is an essential survivability tool for many AP champions, Neeko included.
Other good items include Morellonomicon, Horizon Focus, Void Staff, and Shadowflame.
Starting Item & Boots
While your choices may differ according to how the game progresses, the typical Neeko skill priority is:
R > Q > E > W
These are the summoner spells most typically taken by Neeko in this role. Naturally, this may change depending on match-ups.
Neeko is a midlane mage with decent range and lots of crowd control. Her job will be to sow confusion among the enemy team thanks to her Inherent Glamour and Shapesplitter.
- Level 1 - Take Q - Blooming Burst, for poke and farm from the start.
- Level 2 - Take E - Tangle-Barbs, for the root and trade potential.
- First Back - Start building towards your Rocketbelt, or pick up boots.
Tips & Tricks
- Killing a minion with Blooming Burst will cause it will burst again, for even more damage. Use this to deal splash damage to the enemy midlaner.
- Shapesplitter grants half a second of invisibility. You can use this to switch visage to another champion, giving the impression of a gank.
- You can also direct Shapesplitter, something that could potentially save your life in case of a gank.
- The Shapesplitter passive increases your third auto-attack and grants a move speed buff. There's no time limit on this, so use it smartly and keep it in reserve should you need it.
- Tangle-Barbs passes through minions and champions. If it hits at least two enemies, it becomes empowered.
- You can use Flash during the channeling time for Pop Blossom. Use this to reposition for maximum effect.
- While under Inherent Glamour, you can hide the animation of Pop Blossom. Enemies will still see the area of effect, but will only see the spell when it actually goes off. Use this to surprise enemies.